Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Top 10 Songs

This morning on KFAN (local sports radio station), they each listed their top 10 songs of all time. Well needless to say, it got me thinking.

So what defines a list. Is it that song that makes say, "Oh yeah... this is awesome." Or does it bring you back to a moment or time? Is it the way it's written, the chorus, guitar riff? Or is it like that movie you sit down and watch regardless of where it is, you just listen or sit and life stops until it's done?

I comprised a list, something I always kind of had in my head, this morning and I'm not sure if it's finalized or not, but it is without a doubt 10 great songs. If I can figure this blogging thing out, I'll hopefully be adding (imbedding as they call it) youtube videos of my top 10 songs.

Those of you who know me will realize that, "Hey that's not a typical song for him." It's because first and foremost, I am a music fan, secondly (taking only a back seat to my wife and daughter) is heavy metal. I am a child of the 80's baptized in NWOBHM, not so much of that crap from L.A.'s glam scene. Which however, wouldn't have brought us to the great metal of today without it's influence.

With that, here's #10.

The Beatles - In My Life
A song that stops me and brings me right back to key moments In My Life. It's timeless and from what I believe is The Beatles greatest album, Rubber Soul. Band wise, even though I love other bands much, much more than The Beatles, no band will ever be as big, as influential, as important, as world changing as the original boy band, The Beatles. Ever.