Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Back on track... America and Song #7

Today is a new day and tomorrow is as well. We got a brotha' in the White House and the world is going to change.

President of Russia announces he's eager to have dialogue with Obama. Then he announces he's moving missiles to the border of Poland. This is of course after Russia blamed the U.S. for Russia's economic issues. Well when we fix the world, you must then pat us on the back and claim us as those who saved the world.

I don't know why I'm even talk about that... Moving on.

Back on my top 10 songs of all time. Any regrets so far? I don't think so, I love so much different types of songs and styles. There will be an honorable mention when it's all said and done.

I like some punk music, but I'm not sure what exactly IS punk music. If it's just rebelious, then great that's what I like. Some of it is crap and just noise with no substance. Sex Pistols I think are okay, but not great. I love The Clash, but some will say they're a more modern version of punk. Misfits gave punk pure speed and death and help launch thrash metal. Motorhead is punk in it's early days and heavily influenced by the blues as well. SKA is well... A hornier version of punk? Somewhere in between The Clash, Misfits, SKA, and everything else lies Rancid. They're punk, modern, and not Green Day.

Enjoy.. Rancid - Ruby Soho (great fun song)

No comments: