Monday, November 24, 2008

Cracking the top 5

Yeah, my apologies for this taking much longer to arrive at. I took a bunch of time off to entertain myself for 8 days or so. I didn't do a damn thing with this blog until well... TODAY.

Hell I can't even comment on something upsetting me in the world, which is rare. I've been out of touch. Uh-wait, got one. Milk prices. A local news station did a special "extra" on the cost of food, especially dairy. From the maker to the distributor to the seller, it was the same excuse - gas prices. Okay, fair enough and seems logical. Prior to the high prices, I watched the price of a gallon of milk go from 2.99 to 3.39. So I'm complaining about .40? Not so much the cost, but the principal. Just last week I bought a gallon of milk, it was $3.29. Just a day ago I bought another one for $3.39. The difference other than 10 cents? Gas dropped 15 cents a gallon. So WTF? I remember when gas started to dip in the summer then went up a touch then started it's decline we're in now. Gas stations said, "It typically take 4-6 weeks for the prices of oil to reflect at the pump." My fucking ass it does.

My next song is one of sorrow. I dedicate it to my guardian angel. He's been put to the task and through the ringer with me many a time in my life. From attempted suicide to wondering how I just made it through dodging traffic in Rome, Italy. I've tried to cast Christ and his puppets out of my heart and soul many times in my life, but they keep coming back and will not give up on me. At the risk of sounding cliche, the answers are all right infront of me with a 2.5' tall female version of me and suddenly life's tasks are all brilliantly relevant and clear to me.

Iced Earth - Watching Over Me
My #5 Song

No comments: